Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I wonder what I really look like in the eyes of others
Am I pretty or pretty ugly?
My obsession lies deep within my gut
I didn't eat today to make sure I would feel good tomorrow

I walk by the store front and watch myself go by
Reflections are horrible head-fucking monstrosities
Breakfast isn't an option, neither is lunch
Not if I want to feel good tomorrow

Many things are weighing heavily on my mind
My thighs, my toes and my hideous knees
There will be no dinner tonight
I want to feel good tomorrow

So, tomorrow is here.
I cannot break this cycle of self-loath
I smash the mirror with my angry fist
Bleed on my carpet and stare

Pain is release and blood is art
Beautiful crimson seeping so fluidly
I smile and know this is the way
Now I feel good


Anonymous
5/1/06
10:40:29 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home